Thursday

New Kodak (Zx3) HD Camcorder Works Underwater



For the last year, I've been toying with the idea of buying a Flip camcorder. Each time I am ready to take the plunge, they come up with a new model that costs a little more than I have budgeted for so I decide to wait a few months for the price to come down.

Unfortunately, as soon as it comes down to where I actually can afford it, yet another new model pops up.

Today, I saw the Kodak PlaySport Camcorder for only $129 at Amazon. My regular digital camera is a Kodak EasyShare Z730, and I can even remember back to the days when I owned a Kodak Brownie Camera so I am familiar with Kodak products. Why not, I thought, as I read all the rave reviews about this new PlaySport Kodak.

Some of the reviews compared it to the Flip and the writers seemed to feel they were both great cameras, but that the Kodak had one great feature the Flip didn't have. It was waterproof.

This was music to the ears of this grandma whose grandchildren insist that a vacation is not a vacation until Grandma falls out of the boat. I confess, that my falling out of the boat has been happening on a fairly regular basis, so why not grab a few underwater shots while I am down there?

There is another thing, besides all those great technical features the Kodak PlaySport Camcorder has that is pushing me toward this particular camera---the choice of colors. Where else could I find one in that gorgeous shade of purple? My husband says, "Just like a woman. She'd plunk down $20,000 dollars for a car that was her favorite color, even if an identical one in a different color was selling for $18,000." What can I say? I really like purple.

No comments: