Monday

More Tips for Living Frugally Than You'll Ever be Able to Use

I recently signed up for a contest where you had to write 100 articles in 100 days. I've written for more years than I like to remember, and can turn out a pretty respectable article in about 30 minuts so I thought 100 articles in 100 days would be a cinch. Beside, it would keep me in shape (writing shape) through the summer months.

Unfortunately, I didn't reckon with all the extra activities that summer usually brings. Birthday celebrations for several relatives, an unexpected funeral in another down, our high school reunion--also in another town, and a two week vacation in our 5th wheel. At least I could continue turning out articles on the vacation, but might have been considered strange, if not downright rude to write through the funeral and birthday celebrations.

Anyway, after 40 days had passed, I only had 18 articles done.

No problelm, I would just do two articles a day. And I did, for a while. I got bogged down again and didn't write at all for 3 whole days, but now I am ahead of the game again. I only need 4 more articles and have 12 more days. Yay!

Many of the articles I wrote had to do with the present poor economy. Articles dealing with creating jobs you can work at from home, or money saving tips for stretching the money that you do have as far as possible.

After wracking my brain this morning for still a few more money saving tips, I mentioned my dilemma to my married daughter. Have you checked out, The Tightwad Gazette, she asked. "You might find something there that would give you an article idea."

I couldn't find my tattered old copy of the book so I went ahead and outlined my last few articles on another subject. Afterwards, I started thinking about how many money-saving tips that book has provided for me over the years, so I went over to Amazon and checked it out. Sure enough, it was still around and so were some updated copies. I plan to have a new one on my bookshelf by this time next week.

If you are trying to find ways to live on less during this difficult economic time in our country, check The Tightwad Gazette out. I think you'll be amazed at ways you can save money that may never have occured to you before.


No comments: