Tuesday

Digital Gardening

Our guest post today is a mirror of my own attempts at gardening. I really got serious about home-grown tomatoes this year and actually planted 5 plants. Now, two months later, when I should be chopping fresh tomatoes for salad every night, I have one tiny green tomato. Why, oh why can't I grow bushels of luscious tomatoes like my neighbors do?

Guest post written by Cynthia Dixon

When I moved a few months ago I swore to myself that I would actually start and keep a garden in my yard.

I had decided this a while back before I moved when I planned out what kind of flowers I wanted to grow buy look up pictures on my blue internet Wisconsin. It started out well with me buying some potting soil and flower seeds from a hardware store. But then I never got around to actually planting any of them. Even buying these cute gardening gloves with little daisies printed all over them online with blue internet didn’t get me any closer to digging around in the dirt.

I decided to start taking more serious measures toward starting my garden by looking up gardening tips on flower blogs with my satellite internet Redding, California. That did motivate me a bit, enough to get out one Saturday afternoon and make moves toward planting the seeds. But sleeping in for the first half of the day wasted valuable shady time and left me with the choice of working in the heat reaching up to 100 degrees. Needless to say, I didn’t last long out there and slept in just as long the next morning, only to put off gardening again for the next week..

No comments: