Wednesday

Are You Planning To Join The, "I AM A CHRISTIAN" Movement?


When I was first married, many years ago, my older sister and her husband were members of what, even then was termed a "radical" Christian Church.  They held street meetings every Friday night in a nearby city where my brother-in-law's preaching and my sister's accordion playing drew crowds to listen and to join in the singing.
 
Although my husband and I didn't belong to their church, we often went down to join the Friday night group and thoroughly enjoyed the preaching and singing along with many others.
 
A few years later, I led a Bible Club of enthusiastic teens who thought a fun summer evening was one when we went door to door handing out tracts or having a Bible study in the park that frequently brought other park patrons over to see what we were up to, and I was amazed at how excited these kids were to openly share their faith.

Sadly, over the years, I have noticed that many Christians, including myself, and no matter what denomination we claim to be a part of have become quieter and quieter until today, they have become almost completely silent.

Why is it that Christians seem so reluctant to speak up about their faith when those who reject religion in any form do not hesitate at all to say so, and to belittle anyone who disagrees with them?
 
But, this week, I think I noticed a bit of a change.  Small, but definitely a change.

Dr. Ben Carson, Sara Palin, former governor of Alaska, and Franklin Graham are among a number of high profile Americans who have recently decided to be silent no longer,  and have even been photographed carrying signs proclaiming that they are Christians.  That is like a breath of fresh air to me.  (See the article here:   http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/sarah-palin-franklin-graham-join-ben-carsons-viral-iamachristian-movent)

 Will this change influence me to start  doing something about my reluctance to speak up?  I hope so, and plan first of all, to quit letting opportunities to speak up for my faith and regretting it later.  How about you?


*  Have trouble talking about your faith?  Try wearing  one of  these high quality Haines Tees, pictured above, to boldly declare your faith to every one you meet.  (They also make great gifts for  Christian friends.)  To order one for yourself, click here: I AM A CHRISTIAN Tee

No comments: