Friday

Gifts for College Students Heading Back to School

Nothing makes a new college student feel at home quicker than something decorated with his new school logo.

That something could be a t-shirt, cap, notebook, mousepad, or even a keyboard. I graduated from the University of Oregon more years ago than I care to admit, but whenever I see a student wearing or carrying something with the big O on it, I feel like I am somehow part of his or her family.

Just recently I checked out Amazon to see if they carried any U of O products and was amazed to see how far they had come since I went to school. You can even buy a keyboard with a giant O on it, and a wireless mouse to go with it. How's that for advanced technology? A long way from my day when we thought we were really hip just to own a U of O t-shirt and a quacker which was a little horn shaped like a duck, the U of O mascot, and that made a horrible quacking sound when you blew it. Just imagine a whole stadium of quackers all being blown in unison.

If any of these new items interest you, click on the keyboard below to visit Amazon and see what all they have to offer. One thing I didn't find was a quacker. I'll do a more thorough search one of these days just in case I missed it. (Of course you Beaver (Oregon State) fans are also welcome to drop by. They have some of your stuff there, too.)


No comments: